The Acoustic Explosion at Silvie's Lounge - EVERY MONDAY 8:00-11:00pm
SHOW DETAILS / FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IS IT?
- A music show featuring 5 performers/acts doing 30min sets.
WHAT IS IT NOT?
- It's not an Open Mic.
All performers are booked into their time slots ahead of time.
WHEN IS IT?
- Every Monday, the show starts at 8:00pm, ends at 11:00pm.
WHERE IS IT?
- Silvie's Lounge
, located on the north side of Chicago at 1902 w. Irving Park Rd. (between Damen & Ashland) [click HERE for map
WHO IS RUNNING THIS SHOW?
- Singer/Songwriter John Kuczaj is the booking agent for this show and also the host. Check out his band ATOMIC SHOP
ARE THE PERFORMERS PAID?
- No, performers play for free.
IS THERE A COVER CHARGE?
- No cover.
WHAT IS SUPPLIED?
- Silvie's supplies an audio tech, microphones and cables, a music stand and electronic tuner for the show. All you need to do is bring your instrument.
CAN I PLAY MY ELECTRIC GUITAR?
- Yes! Electric instruments & keyboards are allowed (however, you must bring your own amp if you need an amp).
CAN I PLAY COVERS?
- Yes, Originals and covers are equally welcome.
MY ONLY EXPERIENCE IS PLAYING OPEN MIC NIGHTS, IS THAT OKAY?
- Yes! A 30 minute set is 6-8 songs, so the Acoustic Explosion is a great showcase for you to expand your performing experience.
CAN I HAVE OTHER PERFORMERS JOIN ME ON STAGE?
- Multiple performers onstage are allowed.
CAN I BOOK A FULL BAND FOR THE SHOW?
- Only for the last slot of the night (usually 10:20-10:55pm). Otherwise, in the other slots full drum kits are not allowed (1 snare/djembe is okay).
HOW DO PERFORMERS SIGN UP?
- Email John Kuczaj directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include info about you including your musical experience, a music link if you have one, stage name if you have one, etc.
WHERE CAN I SEE THE UPCOMING SHOW SCHEDULE?
- Check out the events posted in the AE Facebook Group
RESPECT & SUPPORT YOUR FELLOW PERFORMERS
- All performers must arrive before 7:55pm and stay at Silvie's until the show ends.
PERFORMERS MUST PROMOTE THEIR SET
- Performers must do their own promoting to their friends, family and fans. There are no regulars at the ACOUSTIC EXPLOSION...you play to whomever you draw (or don't draw).
IMPORTANT TO KNOW
- Silvie's is a cash-only bar. There a ATM inside ($3 fee).
performers and ALL
patrons must be over the age of 21
- NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
- Irving Park Road is metered parking until 9:00pm. The City of Chicago Parking jerks regularly ticket between 8:30-9pm on Mondays, feed the meter or risk a $50 ticket.